- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 208
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Faggots with onion gravy Recipe
Faggots with onion gravy is a Cheap cut recipe for 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has oil, stuffing and pork shoulder.
- Onion - 2 onions, thinly sliced
- Sugar - 2 tsp sugar
- Parsley - handful chopped parsley
- Oil - little oil, for the tin
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Plain Flour - 3 tbsp plain flour
- Red Wine Vinegar - 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Pork Shoulder - 500g pack diced pork shoulder
- Beef Stock - 850ml beef stock
- Mace - 1/2 tsp ground mace
- Mash - mash and veg, to serve (optional)
- Liver - 300g pig liver
- Stuffing - 170g pack sage & onion stuffing mix (we used Paxo)
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. Lightly oil a very large roasting tin. Tip the stuffing mix into a large bowl, add 500ml boiling water, stir and set aside.
- Pulse the pork in a food processor until finely chopped. Add the liver and pulse again. Add to the stuffing with the mace, 1 tsp salt and plenty of black pepper. Stir well. Shape the mixture (it will be very soft) into 24 large faggots and put in the prepared tin.
- To make the gravy, fry the onions in the oil until starting to turn golden. Add the sugar and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until caramelised. Tip in the vinegar and allow to sizzle. Mix the flour with a couple of tbsp water. Pour the stock into the onions, then add the flour paste and cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and starting to thicken. When it is thick, pour into the tin with the faggots, cover with foil and bake for 1 hr until cooked through. Serve sprinkled with parsley, with mash and a veg, if you like.