- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 90
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Fat Content: 5g
- Fiber Content: 0.2g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.13g
- Sugar Content: 5g
Fairy cakes Recipe
Fairy cakes is a Cupcake recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has butter, vegetable oil and caster sugar.
- Vegetable Oil - 50ml vegetable oil
- Milk - 2 tbsp milk
- Butter - 75g butter, softened
- Caster Sugar - 125g caster sugar
- Self Raising Flour - 125g self-raising flour
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Large Egg - 2 large eggs
- Icing Sugar - 250g icing sugar
- Sprinkles - Your choice of sprinkles such as hundreds and thousands, sugar stars, berries or small sweets
- Food Colouring - food colouring (optional)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line 2 x 12 hole bun tins or mini muffin tins with paper cake cases. Put all the fairy cake ingredients into a large bowl andwhisktogether with electric hand beaters until smooth. If you don't have these you can use a wooden spoon or balloon whisk (see tip).
- Dollop the mixture into the prepared cases until it's all used up. Bake for 10-12 mins or until golden and springy. To be sure they're cooked through, poke a cocktail stick into the centre of one of the cakes in a middle row - if it comes out cleanly, it's cooked. Leave to cool in the tin for 5-10mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before decorating.
- Mix the icing sugar with enough water to make it the consistency of thick cream. Colour some or all of the icing with a few drops of your chosen food colouring(s) then drizzle over the top of the cooled fairy cakes. Sprinkle with your chosen toppings while the icing is still wet. Leave to set firm before serving. Will keep for 2 days in an airtight container.