- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 2 adults, 1 child Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 409
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Fat Content: 26.7g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 25.2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13.8g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 14.6g
Family meals: Mild chicken curry Recipe
Easy family curry recipe for 2 adults, 1 child people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, onion, garlic clove, ginger, ground coriander, mustard seed, garam masala, ground cumin, chicken, chicken stock cube, cinnamon stick, greek yogurt, sultana and coriander.
- Coriander - handful chopped coriander, to serve (optional)
- Garlic Clove - 2 fat garlic cloves, crushed
- Onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Greek Yogurt - 250g Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- Chicken - 1 x 500g pack chicken pieces (thighs and drumsticks), or thighs
- Ground Cumin - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Sunflower Oil - 1-1 1/2 tsp coconut oil (we used Fushi) or sunflower oil
- Ginger - 1cm fresh ginger, grated or finely chopped
- Chicken Stock Cube - 1 chicken stock cube
- Garam Masala - 1 tsp garam masala
- Sultana - 2 tbsp sultana
- Ground Coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- Mustard Seed - 1 tsp yellow mustard seed
- Cinnamon Stick - 1 cinnamon stick
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan. Fry the onions gently for 5 - 10 mins until soft. Add the garlic, ginger, coriander, mustard seeds, garam masala and cumin and cook for 1 - 2 min allowing the aromas to release.
- Add the chicken and cook for 10 mins over a gentle heat, flipping occasionally and making sure the spices don't catch. Pour in around 300 ml boiling water until almost covering. Stir in the stock cube and cinnamon stick. Simmer for around 45 mins - 1 hour with the lid off so there is a small amount of thickened sauce at the bottom of the pan. Remove the cinnamon stick.
- Stir in the yogurt and sultanas, heat through gently and serve. Scatter with coriander, if using.