- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 578
- Fat Content: 32g
- Saturated Fat Content: 19g
- Carbohydrate Content: 66g
- Sugar Content: 51g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Favourite biscuit cupcakes
- self-raising-flour - 175g self-raising flour
- baking-powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- butter - 175g unsalted butter, softened
- egg - 3 eggs
- golden-caster-sugar - 175g golden caster sugar
- milk - 2 tbsp milk, plus a splash
- vanilla-extract - 1 tsp vanilla extract
- almonds - 40g ground almonds
- mini-oreos - 12 mini Oreos, 12 mini Jammy Dodgers, 12 mini gingerbread
- butter - 225g unsalted butter, softened
- icing-sugar - 400g icing sugar, sifted
- vanilla-extract - few drops vanilla extract, 1 tbsp cocoa and a pinch each of powdered ginger and cinnamon
- cupcake-cases - 12 cupcake cases (3 different colours if using 3 types of biscuits)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with three different coloured paper cases. Tip the flour, baking powder, unsalted butter, eggs, sugar, milk, vanilla and almonds into a large bowl and beat with anelectric whiskuntil smooth. Put a spoonful of batter into each paper case. Crumble a biscuit into each case - use one type of biscuit for each case colour, so you remember what's in each one. Divide the remaining batter between the cases (they should be about half full), and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden and just firm. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Make the icing by beating the butter until soft, then beat in the icing sugar. Divide the icing into three. Add the vanilla to one batch, the cocoa and a splash of milk to another, and the ginger and cinnamon to the third. Mix them all well.
- Spoon each batch of icing into a bag fitted with a star nozzle (or use one batch at a time) and pipe icing onto the cakes, matching the icing flavour with the biscuit inside. Add two of the same biscuit to the top as a decoration. Will keep for up to two days in an airtight container.
Cupcake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, baking powder, butter, egg, golden caster sugar, milk, vanilla extract, almonds, mini oreos, butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and cupcake cases.