- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 335
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Fat Content: 13g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Fennel, pomegranate & broad bean salad Recipe
Fennel, pomegranate & broad bean salad is a Healthy picnic recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has bulgur wheat, mint and parsley.
- Olive Oil - 5 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- Mint - small bunch mint, finely chopped
- Dill - small bunch dill, finely chopped
- Parsley - small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Rocket - large handful rocket or watercress
- Lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- Cider Vinegar - 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Fennel Bulb - 1 fennel bulb, quartered, core removed and thinly sliced
- Pumpkin Seed - 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Pomegranate Seed - 200g pomegranate seeds
- Bulgur Wheat - 200g bulgur wheat
- Broad Bean - 350g (weight before skinning) fresh or frozen broad beans
- Boil the kettle and put the bulgur wheat in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. Pour over enough boiling water to just cover the bulgur, cover with cling film and set aside for 10 mins.
- Put the ingredients for the dressing in a jam jar or small bottle with some seasoning, screw on the lid and shake well. Uncover the bulgur wheat and, if there is any water left in the bowl, drain the bulgur, then tip into a large container for transporting. Add the herbs, fennel, pomegranate seeds, broad beans and pumpkin seeds, and toss everything together. Top with the salad leaves and pack the jam jar of salad dressing separately.
- Before serving, drizzle over the dressing and toss everything together.