- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 335
- Fat Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 38g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 9g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
Fennel, pomegranate & broad bean salad
- bulgur-wheat - 200g bulgur wheat
- mint - small bunch mint, finely chopped
- parsley - small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- dill - small bunch dill, finely chopped
- fennel-bulb - 1 fennel bulb, quartered, core removed and thinly sliced
- pomegranate-seed - 200g pomegranate seeds
- broad-bean - 350g (weight before skinning) fresh or frozen broad beans
- pumpkin-seed - 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- rocket - large handful rocket or watercress
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- olive-oil - 5 tbsp extra virgin rapeseed or olive oil
- cider-vinegar - 2 tbsp cider vinegar
- dijon-mustard - 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Boil the kettle and put the bulgur wheat in a bowl with a good pinch of salt. Pour over enough boiling water to just cover the bulgur, cover with cling film and set aside for 10 mins.
- Put the ingredients for the dressing in a jam jar or small bottle with some seasoning, screw on the lid and shake well. Uncover the bulgur wheat and, if there is any water left in the bowl, drain the bulgur, then tip into a large container for transporting. Add the herbs, fennel, pomegranate seeds, broad beans and pumpkin seeds, and toss everything together. Top with the salad leaves and pack the jam jar of salad dressing separately.
- Before serving, drizzle over the dressing and toss everything together.
Healthy picnic recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has bulgur wheat, mint, parsley, dill, fennel bulb, pomegranate seed, broad bean, pumpkin seed, rocket, lemon, olive oil, cider vinegar and dijon mustard.