- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 249
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- Sugar Content: 20g
Fig, nut & seed bread with ricotta & fruit Recipe
Fig, nut & seed bread with ricotta & fruit is a Low-calorie breakfast recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has tea, fig and sultana.
- Orange - 1 orange or green apple, thickly sliced, per person
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp baking powder
- Sultana - 140g sultana
- Ricotta - 25g ricotta per person
- Large Egg - 1 large egg
- Porridge Oat - 50g porridge oat
- Linseed - 1 tbsp golden linseed
- Pumpkin Seed - 25g pumpkin seed
- Sesame Seed - 1 tbsp sesame seed, plus 2 tsp to sprinkle
- Tea - 400ml hot strong black tea
- Fig - 100g dried fig, hard stalks removed, thinly sliced
- Wholemeal Flour - 200g self-raising wholemeal flour
- Nut - 100g mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts, Brazils, hazelnuts), plus 50g for the topping
- Heat oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 3 1/2 . Pour the tea into a large bowl and stir in the figs, sultanas and oats. Set aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, line the base and sides of a 1kg loaf tin with baking parchment. Mix together the flour, baking powder, nuts and seeds. Beat the egg into the cooled fruit mixture, then stir the dry ingredients into the wet. Pour into the tin, then level the top and scatter with the extra nuts and sesame seeds.
- Bake for 1 hr, then cover the top with foil and bake for 15 mins more until a skewer inserted into the centre of the loaf comes out clean. Remove from the tin to cool, but leave the parchment on until cold. Cut into slices, spread with ricotta and serve with fruit.Will keep in the fridge for 1 month, or freeze in slices.