- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 282
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 5g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 2.76g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Fragrant fish tagine Recipe
Fragrant fish tagine is a Tagine recipe for 8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has olive oil, garlic clove and ground cumin.
- Coriander - bunch coriander, chopped
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 2 large onions, halved and thinly sliced
- Chopped Tomato - 3 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Lemon - juice and zest 1 lemon
- Olive - 175g pimento-stuffed olive
- Paprika - 2 tsp paprika
- Ground Cumin - 4 tsp ground cumin
- New Potato - 500g bag baby new potato, halved lengthways
- Salt - 1 tsp salt
- Green Pepper - 4 green peppers, quartered, deseeded and sliced
- Fish Stock - 500ml fish stock
- Tilapia Fillet - 8 x 100g skinless tilapia fillets
- To make the chermoula, put the oil, garlic, cumin, paprika, three-quarters of the coriander and the salt in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, then blitz with a hand blender until smooth. Spoon half over the fish fillets and turn them over to coat both sides. Set aside to marinate.
- Heat the oil and fry the onions and garlic until softened and starting to colour, about 4-5 mins. Add the cumin and paprika and cook for 2 mins more. Add the tomatoes, stock, olives and lemon zest, stir in remaining chermoula and simmer, uncovered for 10 mins.
- Stir in the peppers and potatoes, cover and simmer for 15 mins until the potatoes are tender. If freezing, reserve half the sauce and chill before freezing.
- Stir the remaining coriander into the tagine, then arrange the fish fillets on top (if freezing a batch, reserve 4 portions of fish), and cook for 4-6 mins until the fish is just cooked. Serve with basmati rice, boiled with a little saffron if you like.