- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 517
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 39g
- Sugar Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Sodium Content: 0.86g
Fresh salmon with Thai noodle salad
- salmon - 2 skinless salmon fillets
- orange - 1 large orange, the juice and zest of half, the rest peeled and chopped
- french-beans - 125g French beans, trimmed and halved
- mange-tout - 50g mange tout, shredded
- peas - 75g frozen peas
- vermicelli-rice-noodles - 75g vermicelli rice noodles
- red-curry-paste - 2 tsp red curry paste
- fish-sauce - 1 tsp fish sauce
- spring-onion - 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- basil - half a pack basil or coriander, chopped
- Put a pan of water on to boil. Line a steamer with baking parchment, add the salmon fillets and scatter with a little of the orange zest. When the water is boiling, add the beans to the pan, put the salmon in the steamer on top and cook for 5 mins. Take the salmon off, and if it is cooked, set aside but add the peas and mange tout to the pan and cook for 1 min more, or if not quite cooked leave on top for the extra min. Drain the veg, but return the boiling water to the pan, add the noodles and leave to soak for 5 mins.
- Put the curry paste and fish sauce in a salad bowl with the orange juice and a little of the remaining zest and the spring onions. Drain the noodles when they are ready and add to the salad bowl, toss well, then add the chopped orange with the basil or coriander and the cooked vegetables. Tip in the juice from the fish, then toss well and serve in bowls with the salmon on top.
High protein lunch recipe for 2 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has salmon, orange, french beans, mange tout, peas, vermicelli rice noodles, red curry paste, fish sauce, spring onion and basil.