- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 617
- Carbohydrate Content: 102g
- Fat Content: 19g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Garlicky tomato pasta Recipe
Garlicky tomato pasta is a Veggie pasta bake recipe for 2 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has new potato, pasta and tomato.
- Chilli Powder - a pinch of crushed chillies or chilli powder
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp good quality olive oil
- Tomato - 4 medium tomatoes, the riper the better
- Pasta - 200g pasta shells (about 2 large handfuls)
- Cheese - grated cheese, whatever you have, to serve
- New Potato - 8 small new potatoes, quartered, or a large baking potato peeled and cut into small chunks
- Garlic - 1 fat clove of garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- Pour a boiled kettleful of water into a medium pan, salt the water and bring it back to the boil over a highish heat. Tip the potatoes into the water and boil for 5 minutes. Tip the pasta into the same water, give it a stir and continue to boil everything for about 10 minutes or until the pasta and potatoes feel soft when prodded with a fork.
- While the pasta is cooking, chop the tomatoes into chunky pieces, then chop them a little bit more, as you would for a salsa. Scrape the tomatoes and their juice off the board into a bowl. Season generously with salt and pepper and mix in the olive oil, garlic and crushed chilli until it's all amalgamated.
- When the pasta and potatoes are cooked, toss them in the bowl with the tomato sauce until evenly coated. Divide the pasta between two bowls and serve with a sprinkling of grated cheese.