- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 117
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 17g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.3g
- butter - 100g salted butter, cubed
- light-brown-soft-sugar - 75g light brown soft sugar
- ginger - 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- golden-syrup - 100g golden syrup
- self-raising-flour - 250g self-raising flour
- ginger - 1 1/2 tbsp ground ginger
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- egg-yolk - 1 small egg yolk, beaten
- Heat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two largebaking trayswith baking parchment. In a saucepan over a low heat, melt the butter, sugar, fresh ginger and golden syrup and leave to cool.
- Mix the flour, ground ginger and bicarbonate of soda together in a bowl with a wooden spoon. Gradually stir in the cooled sugar mixture and the egg yolk and knead briefly to make a dough.
- Rollthe dough into 20g balls and put on the prepared baking trays with 3cm between each to allow for spreading. Bake for 8-10 mins until golden brown. Leave to cool on the trays for a min, then transfer to acooling rackto cool completely.
Easy biscuit recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has butter, light brown soft sugar, ginger, golden syrup, self-raising flour, ginger, bicarbonate of soda and egg yolk.Add to Favourites