- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 227
- Carbohydrate Content: 28g
- Fat Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 2g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 18g
Ginger cookie sandwiches with lemon mascarpone Recipe
Gluten-free recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 14 mins; recipe has unsalted butter, golden caster sugar, light brown soft sugar, black treacle, egg, vanilla extract, bicarbonate of soda, gluten-free flour, ground ginger, black pepper, ground nutmeg, ground cloves, cardamom, demerara sugar, mascarpone and lemon curd.
- Egg - 1 large egg
- Ground Nutmeg - 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Unsalted Butter - 100g unsalted butter, melted
- Golden Caster Sugar - 50g golden caster sugar
- Gluten Free Flour - 175g gluten-free flour blend (I used Doves Farm)
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Black Treacle - 25g black treacle
- Ground Ginger - 1 tbsp ground ginger
- Mascarpone - 175g mascarpone
- Demerara Sugar - 75g demerara sugar, to coat
- Ground Cloves - 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- Light Brown Soft Sugar - 100g light brown soft sugar
- Cardamom - 1/4 tsp ground cardamom (the seeds from 3 pods, crushed - see tip)
- Lemon Curd - 85g lemon curd
- To make the cookies, put the butter, sugars, treacle, egg and vanilla in a large bowl and mix together with an electric whisk until smooth and combined. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients except the demerara. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and mix until a very sticky dough is formed. Cover with cling film and chill for at least 4 hrs.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and line two baking trays with baking parchment. Roll the cookie dough into balls, about a tablespoon in size, then roll in the demerara sugar. Place on the lined trays, leaving about 2.5cm space between cookies.
- Bake for about 14 mins or until just lightly browned around the edges, swapping the trays over halfway through cooking. Allow to cool on the trays for 10 mins before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the filling, beat together the mascarpone and lemon curd in a bowl until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a plain round piping tip. Pipe a layer of the cream onto the base of half the cookies and sandwich together with the other half. Will keep for 3-4 days in a sealed container in the fridge - the texture will turn soft and cakey (this is no bad thing).