- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 252
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6g
- Carbohydrate Content: 36g
- Sugar Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Gingery plum cake
- butter - butter, for greasing
- demerara-sugar - 2 tbsp demerara sugar
- plum - 500g plum
- butter - 175g butter
- dark-muscovado-sugar - 175g dark muscovado sugar
- golden-syrup - 140g golden syrup
- egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- milk - 200ml milk
- self-raising-flour - 300g self-raising flour
- bicarbonate-of-soda - 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ground-ginger - 1 tbsp ground ginger
- mixed-spice - 1 tsp mixed spice
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Grease and line the base of a 23cm square cake tin with baking parchment. Butter the paper generously and sprinkle with the demerara sugar. Halve the plums and arrange in the base of the tin in 1 layer, cut-sides down.
- For the cake, melt the butter, muscovado sugar and syrup in a large pan over a low heat, stirring until smooth. Cool for 10 mins, then stir in the eggs and milk. Sift in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and spices, then mix to a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into the tin, over the plums, and bake for 45-55 mins until firm to the touch. Cool in the tin for 10 mins, then turn out onto a wire rack and leave to cool. Will keep in the fridge, wrapped in baking parchment and foil, for up to 5 days.
Traybake recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has butter, demerara sugar, plum, butter, dark muscovado sugar, golden syrup, egg, milk, self-raising flour, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and mixed spice.