- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Serving: 3
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 624
- Fat Content: 49g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 25g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
Gluten-free storecupboard fishcakes
- potato - 2 large potatoes (about 550g/1lb 4oz), cut into small chunks
- tuna - 2 x 120g cans of tuna in spring water, drained
- lemon - 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced, 1/2 cut into wedges
- chives - 1/2 small pack chives, snipped
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- spring-onion - 4 spring onions, chopped
- mayonnaise - 4 tbsp gluten-free mayonnaise
- flour - 2 tbsp gluten-free flour, for dusting
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- mixed-leaf - mixed leaves, to serve
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan, cover in cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Once boiling reduce to a simmer and cook for about 8 mins until tender. Drain and leave to steam-dry for 2 mins.
- Mash the potatoes in a large bowl. Add the tuna and combine, breaking it up with a fork, then add the lemon juice and chives. Season well, add the egg and use your hands to bring everything together. Divide the mixture into 6 and shape into fishcakes. Chill for 10 mins to firm up.
- Meanwhile, mix the spring onions with the mayonnaise and chill until ready to serve. To cook the fishcakes, heat half the oil in a large non-stick pan and lightly dust the fishcakes with flour. Cook half for 3-4 mins each side until golden and warmed through, then repeat with the rest of the fishcakes.
- Serve with the mayonnaise, a lemon wedge and some mixed leaves.
Gluten-free recipe for 3 people, takes only 12 mins; recipe has potato, tuna, lemon, chives, egg, spring onion, mayonnaise, flour, olive oil and mixed leaf.