- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 292
- Carbohydrate Content: 9g
- Fat Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.6g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Goan mussels Recipe
Goan mussels is a Low-carb recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has mussel, sunflower oil and onion.
- Coriander - coriander sprigs, to serve
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Onion - 1 onion, chopped
- Lime - lime wedges, to serve
- Ground Cumin - 2 tsp ground cumin
- Sunflower Oil - sunflower oil, for frying
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- Mussel - 1kg fresh mussel
- Coconut Milk - 400ml coconut milk
- Ground Coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- Mustard Seed - 1 tsp black mustard seed
- Ground Turmeric - 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- Green Chilli - 2 green chillies, chopped
- Remove the beards, then wash the mussels well in cold water. Refresh the water and repeat until it is clear. Discard any mussels that are broken or stay open when tapped.
- Heat the oil in a flameproof casserole. Fry the onion until very lightly brown, then add the ginger, garlic, chillies, spices, a good pinch of salt and a grinding of pepper. Cook for 2-3 mins until fragrant and toasted. Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil, then simmer for a few mins to get everything mixed together.
- Tip the mussels into the dish, cover, turn up the heat to maximum and boil for 3-4 mins until the mussels have just opened. Scatter over the coriander sprigs and serve with lime wedges for squeezing over.