- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 471
- Fat Content: 31g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 37g
- Sugar Content: 12g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.35g
Goat’s cheese & red pepper tart
- red-onion - 2 large red onions, thinly sliced
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- balsamic-vinegar - 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- pitted-black-olives - 12 pitted black olives
- red-pepper - 2 red peppers (choose tapered, heart-shaped ones if possible)
- shortcrust-pastry - 200g ready-made shortcrust pastry
- goat's-cheese - 150-200g / 5-7oz log firm goat's cheese, such as Sainte-Maure de Touraine or Capricorn
- cherry-tomato - 250g cherry tomato
- oregano - few oregano or basil leaves
- Cook the onions in the oil for 6-7 mins, until they are softened and lightly coloured, then add the balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp water. Cook for a further 2-3 mins. Roughly chop the olives and stir in. Leave to cool.
- Halve the peppers, remove the seeds and core. Put under a hot grill, skin side up, until the skins are charred. Remove and put into a food bag until cool enough to handle, then peel off the skins.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Roll out the pastry and line a 23-24cm deep flan tin. Line with baking paper and beans, then bake for 10 mins. Remove the paper and beans, then bake for 5 mins more, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Spread the onion mix over the base of the pastry case. Put the halved peppers on top, cut side up with tapered ends towards the centre. Slice the goat's cheese and put a few slices in each pepper half. Tuck the tomatoes in the gaps between the peppers.
- Bake for 20-25 mins until the cheese is lightly tinged brown and the tomatoes have burst. Scatter over the herb leaves and serve warm or at room temperature.
Egg-free recipe for 4 – 6 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has red onion, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, pitted black olives, red pepper, shortcrust pastry, goat’s cheese, cherry tomato and oregano.Add to Favourites