- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 120
- Fat Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 10g
- Sugar Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
Goma-ae Japanese greens
- fine-green-beans - 200g fine green beans, trimmed
- spinach - 250g spinach
- sesame-seeds - 4 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- soy - 1 tbsp soy
- caster-sugar - 1 tbsp caster sugar
- white-miso - 1 tbsp white miso
- mirin - 1 tbsp mirin
- gomashio - gomashio (salted sesame seeds), to serve (optional, available from amazon.co.uk)
- Get a bowl of iced water ready. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the green beans and cook for 2-3 mins until bright green but still crunchy. Use a slotted spoon to remove the beans and plunge them into the ice water. Add the spinach to the boiling water and cook for 20-30 secs, then remove and add to the ice water. Once cool, drain the greens in a sieve over the bowl and set aside for 5 mins so that all the water drips out of them.
- Make the dressing by grinding the sesame seeds with apestle and mortaror spice grinder, then mix in the other ingredients. Toss the greens in the dressing, top with the gomashio, if using, and serve.
Japanese recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has fine green beans, spinach, sesame seeds, soy, caster sugar, white miso, mirin and gomashio.