- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 548
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Fat Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 1g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Greek lamb & macaroni bake Recipe
Greek lamb & macaroni bake is a Pasta bake recipe for 6 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and garlic clove.
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Parmesan - 50g parmesan, grated
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Milk - 50ml milk
- Oregano - 1 tbsp dried oregano
- Ground Cinnamon - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Ricotta - 250g tub ricotta
- Stock - 1 beef or lamb stock cube
- Macaroni - 400g macaroni
- Lamb Mince - 500g lean lamb mince
- Garlic - garlic bread, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 10 mins until soft. Add the garlic and cook for 1 min more, then tip in the lamb mince, turn up the heat and brown, breaking up the mince with a wooden spoon.
- Once the lamb is browned, add the cinnamon, crumbled stock cube, tomatoes and oregano. Stir well and simmer for 15 mins, covered, then for 15 mins, uncovered, until the sauce has thickened and the tomatoes have cooked down.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni following pack instructions. Drain well. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Mix together the ricotta, most of the parmesan and the milk with plenty of seasoning, and stir into the macaroni. Tip the mince into a large baking dish, top with the macaroni mixture, and scatter over the remaining parmesan. Bake for 30 mins until golden and bubbling. Serve hot with garlic bread, if you like.