- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6, with other dishes Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 176
- Carbohydrate Content: 12g
- Fat Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Sodium Content: 1.26g
- Sugar Content: 3g
Green mango salad with prawns Recipe
Healthy Thai recipe for 6, with other dishes people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has lime juice, red chilli, fish sauce, light muscovado sugar, shallot, roasted salted peanut, green mango, mint, sunflower oil, prawn, gem lettuce and spring onion.
- Red Chilli - 1 small red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- Spring Onion - 2 spring onions, shredded
- Lime Juice - 2 tbsp lime juice
- Mint - 2 tbsp chopped mint
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Shallot - 3 shallots, finely sliced
- Prawn - 200g pack raw shell-on headless prawn, peeled but with tail on (or, if you use ready peeled prawns, you need 175g/6oz)
- Fish Sauce - 2 tbsp fish sauce
- Light Muscovado Sugar - 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- Gem Lettuce - 2 little gem lettuces
- Roasted Salted Peanut - 85g roasted salted peanuts, finely chopped
- Green Mango - 2 green mangoes or 3 Granny Smith apples
- Mix together the lime juice, chilli, fish sauce and sugar in a large bowl. Add the shallots and three quarters of the peanuts and mix well. Cover and set aside for up to 4 hours.
- Peel and coarsely grate the mango or apple, and stir into the mixture along with the mint. Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok, add the prawns and stir fry quickly until evenly pink - about 2 minutes.
- Scatter the lettuce leaves on a serving plate and spoon the salad mixture in the centre. Surround with the prawns and scatter over the remaining peanuts and spring onions.