- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 408
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Fat Content: 21g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 5g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 1.33g
- Sugar Content: 37g
Halloween pumpkin cake Recipe
Halloween cake recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has self-raising flour, light muscovado sugar, mixed spice, bicarbonate of soda, sultana, salt, egg, butter, orange, orange juice, butternut squash, soft cheese, butter, icing sugar and orange.
- Egg - 4 eggs, beaten
- Butter - 200g butter, melted
- Butternut Squash - 500g (peeled weight) pumpkin or butternut squash flesh, grated
- Orange - zest 1 orange
- Bicarbonate Of Soda - 2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- Self Raising Flour - 300g self-raising flour
- Salt - 1/2 tsp salt
- Sultana - 175g sultanas
- Soft Cheese - 200g pack soft cheese
- Mixed Spice - 3 tsp mixed spice
- Orange Juice - 1 tbsp orange juice
- Icing Sugar - 100g icing sugar, sifted
- Light Muscovado Sugar - 300g light muscovado sugar
- Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter and line a 30 x 20cm baking or small roasting tin with baking parchment. Put the flour, sugar, spice, bicarbonate of soda, sultanas and salt into a large bowl and stir to combine. Beat the eggs into the melted butter, stir in the orange zest and juice, then mix with the dry ingredients till combined. Stir in the pumpkin. Pour the batter into the tin and bake for 30 mins, or until golden and springy to the touch.
- To make the frosting, beat together the cheese, butter, icing sugar, orange zest and 1 tsp of the juice till smooth and creamy, then set aside in the fridge. When the cake is done, cool for 5 mins then turn it onto a cooling rack. Prick it all over with a skewer and drizzle with the rest of the orange juice while still warm. Leave to cool completely.
- If you like, trim the edges of the cake. Give the frosting a quick beat to loosen, then, using a palette knife, spread over the top of the cake in peaks and swirls. If you're making the cake ahead, keep it in the fridge then take out as many pieces as you want 30 mins or so before serving. Will keep, covered, for up to 3 days in the fridge.