- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 499
- Fat Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4g
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 37g
- Sodium Content: 3.6g
Ham & potato hash with baked beans & healthy ‘fried’ eggs
- potato - 600g potato, diced
- cooking-spray - 1 Cal cooking spray, for frying
- leek - 2 leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced
- ham - 175g lean ham, weighed after trimming and discarding any fat, chopped
- wholegrain-mustard - 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- egg - 5 eggs
- baked-beans - 2 x 415g cans reduced sugar & salt baked beans
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the potatoes and boil for 5 mins until just tender. Drain well and leave in the colander to steam-dry.
- Meanwhile, spray an ovenproof pan with cooking spray. Add the leeks with a splash of water and fry until very soft and squishy. Add a few more sprays of the oil, tip in the potatoes along with the ham, and fry to crisp up a little. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Stir in the mustard, 1 egg and a good amount of seasoning with a fork - break up some of the potatoes roughly as you do. Flatten down the mixture, spray the top with oil, and bake in the oven for 15-20 mins until the top is crisp.
- When the hash is nearly ready, heat 200ml water in a non-stick frying pan with a lid (or use a baking sheet as a lid). When it is steaming (but before it simmers), crack in the remaining 4 eggs and cover with a lid. Cook for 2-4 mins until the eggs are done to your liking. Meanwhile, heat the beans.
- Lift an egg onto each plate, add a big scoop of hash and spoon on some beans.
Low-calorie Christmas recipe for 4 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has potato, cooking spray, leek, ham, wholegrain mustard, egg and baked beans.