- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 320
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 1g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Harissa & lamb sausage rolls
- lamb-mince - 600g lamb mince
- harissa - 2 tbsp shop-bought harissa, or use homemade (see our recipe)
- ginger - 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- cinnamon - 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- cumin - 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- coriander - 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, grated
- preserved-lemon - 1 preserved lemon, rind finely chopped (discard the flesh)
- plain-flour - plain flour, for dusting
- puff-pastry - 325g ready rolled puff pastry
- egg - 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- black-sesame-seeds - 2 tsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix together the lamb, harissa (seeour recipe), spices, coriander, garlic, preserved lemon and seasoning in a bowl. Pummel it with your hands to make sure it's well combined.
- Lightly dust your work surface with flour and lay the puff pastry on top. Cut it down the middle lengthways, then roll each piece with arolling pinso each piece measures about 14 x 42cm.
- Divide the lamb mixture into four and roll each one into a sausage shape using your hands. Lay two of them, end to end, on one of the pieces of pastry. Brush some egg along one of the long sides of the pastry, just by the edge. Pull up the other side to encase the sausage shapes and press the sides together. Do the same with the rest of the meat and pastry.
- Cut each pastry parcel into four. Transfer these to abaking sheet, then brush each sausage roll with the egg and sprinkle over the sesame seeds, if using. Bake for 20-25 mins, or until the pastry is puffed up and golden.
Sharing recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has lamb mince, harissa, ginger, cinnamon, cumin, coriander, garlic clove, preserved lemon, plain flour, puff pastry, egg and black sesame seeds.