- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 472
- Fat Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 53g
- Sugar Content: 9g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 16g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Harissa roasted tomatoes with couscous
- plum-tomato - 12 big plum tomatoes, halved
- harissa - 1 tbsp harissa
- olive-oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 3 onions, very thinly sliced
- greek-style-yogurt - 4 tbsp Greek-style yogurt
- tahini-paste - 1 tbsp tahini paste
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- couscous - 200g couscous
- mint - 1/2 small pack mint, roughly chopped
- parsley - 1/2 small pack parsley, roughly chopped
- flaked-almond - 50g toasted flaked almond
- chickpea - 400g can chickpea, drained and rinsed
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Toss the tomatoes in harissa and 2 tbsp of the oil. Season and spread in a roasting tin, cut-side up, and bake for 40-45 mins.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large frying pan. Tip in the onions and sizzle for a couple of mins. Turn down the heat, season and cook for 15 mins or until golden and caramelised. In a bowl, mix the yogurt, tahini and garlic with some seasoning. Set aside.
- Tip the couscous into a large bowl. Pour over 400ml boiling water. Cover with cling film and leave to stand for 10 mins or until all the water has been absorbed. Fork though the herbs, almonds, chickpeas and half the onions. Top with the tomatoes and the remaining onions, and serve with a dollop of the yogurt sauce.
7-a-day recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has plum tomato, harissa, olive oil, onion, greek-style yogurt, tahini paste, garlic clove, couscous, mint, parsley, flaked almond and chickpea.