- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 397
- Carbohydrate Content: 19g
- Fat Content: 20g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.15g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Hearty lamb stew Recipe
Hearty lamb stew is a High-protein recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, lamb and onion.
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Onion - 1 onion, thickly sliced
- Carrot - 2 carrots, thickly sliced
- Chicken Stock - 400ml hot vegetable or chicken stock
- Rosemary - 1 tsp dried rosemary or 1 fresh sprig
- Cannellini Bean - 400g cannellini bean, rinsed and drained
- Leek - 2 leeks, thickly sliced
- Lamb - 500g cubed stewing lamb
- Crusty Bread - crusty bread or boiled potatoes to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large casserole. Tip in the lamb and cook for 5 mins until any liquid has disappeared, then add the onion, carrots and leeks. Cook for 5 mins more, stirring often, until the veg is starting to soften.
- Pour over the stock, add the rosemary, cover with a lid and cook over a low heat for 1 hr. Stir in the beans and cook for 30 mins more, topping up with water if necessary, until the lamb is tender and cooked through. Serve with some crusty bread or potatoes, if you like.