- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 418
- Fat Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Carbohydrate Content: 30g
- Sugar Content: 10g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 50g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
Herb roast pork with vegetable roasties & apple gravy
- pork - 1 1/4 kg boneless pork leg roasting joint
- wholegrain-mustard - 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- parsley - 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- thyme - 2 tbsp chopped thyme, plus a few extra sprigs
- sage - 1 tsp chopped sage
- prosciutto - 80g pack prosciutto
- oil - 4 good sprays of oil
- carrot - 3 carrots, halved lengthways, then cut across
- potato - 6 small potatoes (500g), halved
- red-onion - 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- garlic-clove - 12 garlic cloves
- celeriac - 1 small celeriac (650g), peeled and cut into 12 wedges
- cornflour - 2 tbsp cornflour
- chicken-stock - 600ml reduced-salt chicken stock
- bramley-apple - 1 small Bramley apple, diced
- savoy-cabbage - Savoy cabbage and peas, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Cut all the rind and fat off the pork and discard so that you are left with a lean chunk of meat. Spread with the mustard, scatter with the chopped herbs and season with black pepper. Place the prosciutto slices on top of the pork to protect the meat where the fat has been removed.
- Spray a large roasting tin with oil and put the pork in the centre. Surround with all the vegetables, scatter with the thyme sprigs, then spray again and cover with foil. Roast for 1 hr, then turn the heat up to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Uncover, spray again and roast for 20 mins more.
- Meanwhile, make the gravy. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a wet paste, heat the stock in a pan, stir in the cornflour mixture and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add the apple and cook for 5 mins until it's softened but still holds its shape.
- Remove the meat from the tin and pour any juices from the tin into the gravy. Spray the veg with oil and roast for 20 mins more (while the meat rests) to brown them. Serve the pork with the roasted and fresh vegetables, and the apple gravy.
Healthy pork recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has pork, wholegrain mustard, parsley, thyme, sage, prosciutto, oil, carrot, potato, red onion, garlic clove, celeriac, cornflour, chicken stock, bramley apple and savoy cabbage.