- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 634
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Fat Content: 40g
- Fiber Content: 7g
- Protein Content: 53g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.86g
- Sugar Content: 12g
Herby dressed turnips & roast chicken Recipe
Herby dressed turnips & roast chicken is a Winter roasts recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has chicken, olive oil and garlic.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - large handful flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil - 5 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for rubbing
- Chicken - 1 small chicken, about 1 1/2 kg
- Watercress - small bunch watercress
- Chicken Stock - 300ml chicken stock
- Caper - small handful capers, roughly chopped
- White Wine - 100ml white wine
- Garlic - 2 garlic bulbs, separated into cloves
- Vinegar - 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Turnip - 6 turnips, peeled, halved and cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Rub the chicken all over with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place in a roasting tin and roast for 1 hr. Scatter the garlic around the chicken and toss in the juices. Return the chicken to the oven for 30 mins more until it is cooked and garlic is soft.
- Place the chicken on a board to rest. Squeeze all the garlic cloves out of their skins and pound to a paste with a mortar and pestle. Mix with the 5 tbsp oil and the vinegar, then set aside. Make the gravy by adding the white wine to the roasting tin and bubbling down. Add the chicken stock, then pass the gravy through a strainer into a gravy boat.
- Boil the turnips in salted water for 6 mins until just cooked with a slight crunch. Toss them through the garlicky dressing with the parsley and capers, seasoning to taste. Joint the chicken, scatter with watercress, and serve with the herby turnips on the side.