- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 529
- Fat Content: 39g
- Saturated Fat Content: 16g
- Carbohydrate Content: 11g
- Sugar Content: 0g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 35g
- Sodium Content: 2.31g
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- onion - 1 large onion, finely chopped
- garlic-clove - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- minced-lamb - 500g minced lamb
- plum-tomato - 400g/14oz can chopped plum tomatoes
- tomato-puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- aubergine - 200g/7oz jar chargrilled aubergines in olive oil, drained and chopped
- feta-cheese - 200g/7oz pack feta cheese, crumbled
- mint - 3 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Brown the mince: Heat the oil in a large, shallow pan. Toss in the onion and garlic and fry until soft. Add the mince and stir fry for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Season and simmer: Tip the tomatoes into the pan and stir in the tomato puree and cinnamon, then season generously with salt and pepper. Leave the mince to simmer for 20 minutes, adding the aubergines half way through.
- To serve: Sprinkle the crumbled feta and chopped mint over the mince. Bring the moussaka to the table as the feta melts and serve it with a crunchy green salad and toasted pitta.
Greek recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion, garlic clove, minced lamb, plum tomato, tomato purée, cinnamon, aubergine, feta cheese and mint.