- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 766
- Carbohydrate Content: 74g
- Fat Content: 38g
- Fiber Content: 10g
- Protein Content: 15g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.9g
- Sugar Content: 10g
Homemade tortilla chips with guacamole & charred tomato salsa Recipe
Healthy Mexican recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has tortilla, vegetable oil, avocado, lime, red onion, coriander, green chilli, chipotle paste, plum tomato, jalapeno chilli, garlic clove, red onion, coriander, lime and chipotle paste.
- Coriander - small handful coriander, chopped
- Vegetable Oil - 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Garlic Clove - 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Red Onion - 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- Tortilla - 12 corn tortillas
- Lime - juice 2 limes
- Avocado - 3 large ripe avocados
- Chipotle Paste - 2 tsp chipotle paste or 1/2 tsp Chipotle Tabasco
- Plum Tomato - 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- Green Chilli - 2 green chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- Jalapeno Chilli - 2 green or jalapeno chillies
- To make the tortillas, heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Brush both sides of the tortillas with the oil, then cut into triangles with scissors. Arrange in a single layer on 1 or 2 baking sheets and bake for 7-8 mins. Remove, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- To make the guacamole, halve and stone the avocados, then spoon the flesh into a bowl. Pour over the lime juice and a sprinkle of salt, then crush with a potato masher until pureed but still chunky. Add onion, coriander, chillies and chipotle paste. Stir through and set aside until needed.
- For the salsa, place the tomatoes, cut-side up, in a shallow baking tray. Season, and place under the grill until blackened, about 15 mins. Meanwhile, in a dry non-stick frying pan, blacken the chillies and garlic. Keep turning to darken on all sides, about 10 mins. When done, peel the garlic and place in a food processor. Place the chillies in a plastic bag to steam for a few mins, then peel, deseed and stem. Add the flesh to the food processor along with the tomatoes, onion, coriander, lime juice and chipotle paste. Season and pulse until chunky.