- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 676
- Fat Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 20g
- Carbohydrate Content: 74g
- Sugar Content: 49g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 10g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Hot cross bread & lemon pudding
- butter - knob of butter, for the dish
- bun - 4 stale hot cross buns
- lemon-curd - 200g lemon curd
- large-egg - 2 large eggs
- double-cream - 200ml double cream
- milk - 200ml milk
- vanilla-extract - 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- caster-sugar - 4 tbsp caster sugar
- lemon-zest - little lemon zest
- ice-cream - cream or vanilla ice cream, to serve (optional)
- Butter a 1-litre baking dish that will quite snugly fit the buns. Cut each bun into 3 slices, and sandwich back together with a generous spreading of curd. Arrange buns in the dish.
- Whisk egg, cream, milk and remaining curd, then sieve into a jug with the vanilla and 3 tbsp of the sugar. Pour over the buns and stand at room temperature for 30 mins for the custard to soak in.
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/ gas 3. Scatter the remaining sugar and lemon zest over the pudding. Bake for 30-40 mins until the top is golden and the custard gently set. Stand for 5 mins, then serve with cream or vanilla ice cream, if you like.
Easter baking recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butter, bun, lemon curd, large egg, double cream, milk, vanilla extract, caster sugar, lemon zest and ice cream.