- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 518
- Fat Content: 19g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Carbohydrate Content: 52g
- Sugar Content: 34g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 33g
- Sodium Content: 4.9g
- chicken-wing - 12 jumbo chicken wings
- buttermilk - 280ml buttermilk
- cornflour - 75g cornflour
- smoked-paprika - 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- basil - 1 tsp dried basil
- oregano - 1 tsp dried oregano
- sage - 1 tsp dried sage
- chilli-powder - 2 tsp chilli powder
- garlic-powder - 2 tsp garlic powder
- onion-salt - 2 tsp onion salt
- ground-white-pepper - 1/2 tsp ground white pepper
- honey - 100g honey
- soy-sauce - 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ketchup - 3 tbsp ketchup
- sriracha - 100ml sriracha
- blue-cheese-dip - blue cheese dip, to serve (optional), see goes well with
- Put the chicken wings, buttermilk and 1/2 tsp salt in a bowl and toss together to coat. Cover and leave in the fridge overnight.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. Put all the ingredients for the spice mix in another large mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and mix well. Remove the wings from the fridge and, one at a time, roll them in the spice mix. Once fully coated, tip onto a baking tray lined with baking parchment, and roast for 35 mins. Meanwhile, mix the ingredients for the glaze together.
- Once the wings have browned, remove them from the oven and generously brush with the glaze. Reduce oven to 180C/160C fan/ gas 4, put the wings back in and cook for a further 15 mins or until the glaze has gone sticky and is starting to caramelise. Remove the wings from the oven and rest for a minute or so. Serve with a blue cheese dip, if you like.
Sharing recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has chicken wing, buttermilk, cornflour, smoked paprika, basil, oregano, sage, chilli powder, garlic powder, onion salt, ground white pepper, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, sriracha and blue cheese dip.