- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 423
- Carbohydrate Content: 68g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 12g
- Protein Content: 14g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.51g
- Sugar Content: 16g
Indian butternut squash curry Recipe
Indian butternut squash curry is a Healthy rice recipe for 4 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has basmati rice, olive oil and butternut squash.
- Coriander - small handful coriander, chopped
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Red Onion - 1 red onion, diced
- Vegetable Stock - 300ml vegetable stock
- Tomato - 4 large tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Greek Yogurt - 3 tbsp fat-free Greek yogurt
- Butternut Squash - 1 butternut squash, diced
- Basmati Rice - 200g brown basmati rice
- Curry Paste - 2 tbsp mild curry paste
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water, as per pack instructions. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large frying pan and cook the butternut squash for 2-3 mins until lightly browned. Add the onion and the curry paste and fry for 3-4 mins more.
- Pour over the stock, then cover and simmer for 15-20 mins, or until the squash is tender. Add the tomatoes and chickpeas, then gently cook for 3-4 mins, until the tomatoes slightly soften.
- Take off the heat and stir through the yogurt and coriander. Serve with the rice and some wholemeal chapattis if you like.