- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 282
- Carbohydrate Content: 33g
- Fat Content: 8g
- Fiber Content: 14g
- Protein Content: 13g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 0.1g
- Sugar Content: 13g
Kidney bean curry Recipe
Kidney bean curry is a Healthy vegan recipe for 2 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has vegetable oil, onion and garlic cloves.
- Kidney Bean - 400g can kidney beans, in water
- Coriander - 1 small pack coriander, stalks finely chopped, leaves roughly shredded
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Onion - 1 onion, finely chopped
- Chopped Tomato - 400g can chopped tomatoes
- Garlic Cloves - 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Paprika - 1 tsp ground paprika
- Ground Cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- Garam Masala - 2 tsp garam masala
- Basmati Rice - cooked basmati rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a low-medium heat. Add the onion and a pinch of salt and cook slowly, stirring occasionally, until softened and just starting to colour. Add the garlic, ginger and coriander stalks and cook for a further 2 mins, until fragrant.
- Add the spices to the pan and cook for another 1 min, by which point everything should smell aromatic. Tip in the chopped tomatoes and kidney beans in their water, then bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer for 15 mins until the curry is nice and thick. Season to taste, then serve with the basmati rice and the coriander leaves.