- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 5 - 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 659
- Carbohydrate Content: 18g
- Fat Content: 41g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 57g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
- Sugar Content: 16g
Lamb, apricot & shallot tagine Recipe
Lamb, apricot & shallot tagine is a Tagine recipe for 5 - 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has lamb, shallot and apricot.
- Coriander - small pack coriander, leaves picked
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - 4 tbsp olive oil
- Couscous - couscous and natural yogurt, to serve
- Ground Cumin - 1 tbsp ground cumin
- Shallot - 600g shallot, halved if particularly large
- Chicken Stock - 150ml hot chicken stock
- Apricot - 400g small apricot, halved and stoned
- Almond - 85g whole skinless almond
- Ground Cinnamon - 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Saffron - pinch of saffron strands
- Lamb - 1 large leg of lamb, bone in (about 2kg)
- Coriander Seed - 2 tsp coriander seed
- Ras El Hanout - 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- Clear Honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- Ground Ginger - 2 tsp ground ginger
- Preserved Lemon - 2 preserved lemons, flesh discarded, peel and pith finely chopped
- Slash the lamb leg all over and put in a big food bag, or in a large casserole dish. Smash the marinade ingredients together using a pestle and mortar. Add some black pepper and rub all over the lamb. Marinate overnight, or up to 24 hrs.
- Heat oven to 140C/120C fan/gas 1. Sit the lamb in a big roasting tin, scraping off any leftover marinade on the top. Cover the tin with foil, pinching the edges to seal. Cook for 6-7 hrs, basting every hour or so, until the meat is incredibly tender.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and increase oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Pour the juices from the lamb into a measuring jug, cool slightly and skim off the fat. Put the shallots in the tin with the lamb and toss to coat in some of the juices. Roast for 15 mins, then add the apricots and almonds. Whisk the cooking juices with the lemon, ras el hanout, honey and stock, then pour over the lamb and roast for another 20 mins.
- Rest for 10 mins, then scatter over the herbs and serve with couscous and yogurt.