- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 675
- Carbohydrate Content: 71g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 8g
- Protein Content: 38g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
- Sugar Content: 7g
Lamb & chickpea pitta burger Recipe
Lamb & chickpea pitta burger is a Marathon recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 10 mins; recipe has chickpea, hummus and red pepper.
- Red Pepper - 2 roasted red peppers, from a jar, wiped dry, then finely chopped
- Olive Oil - drizzle of olive oil
- Chickpea - 400g can chickpeas, drained
- Mint - small bunch mint leaves, half chopped
- Hummus - 200g tub low-fat hummus
- Pomegranate - 100g tub pomegranate seeds
- Pitta Bread - 4 large pitta breads
- Cumin Seed - 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- Lamb Mince - 400g lean lamb mince
- Lightly crush the chickpeas in a large bowl with a potato masher. Tip half into another bowl, mix with the hummus and peppers, then set aside. Add the mince to the remaining mashed chickpeas, along with the chopped mint, the cumin seeds and some seasoning. Mix with your hands until well combined, then shape into eight small burgers.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add the burgers - or fire up the BBQ and brush the burgers with oil - and cook for 5 mins on each side until golden and cooked through. Meanwhile, toast the pitta bread. Split each pitta in half and fill with some red pepper hummus, the remaining mint leaves, two burgers and some pomegranate seeds.