- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 4 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 100
- Carbohydrate Content: 1g
- Fat Content: 7g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 8g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 0.33g
- Sugar Content: 0g
Lamb & feta burgers with minty yogurt Recipe
Lamb & feta burgers with minty yogurt is a Greek recipe for 4 - 8 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has lamb, ground coriander and cumin seed.
- Red Chilli - 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Egg - 1 egg, lightly beaten with a fork
- Natural Yogurt - 200ml natural yogurt
- Mint - small bunch mint, leaves chopped
- Feta Cheese - 100g feta cheese, cut into 16 cubes
- Parsley - handful parsley, chopped
- Sunflower Oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- Rosemary - 2 rosemary sprigs, leaves stripped and chopped
- Cumin Seed - 2 tsp cumin seeds
- Lamb - 500g lamb mince
- Worcestershire Sauce - good splash Worcestershire sauce
- Ground Coriander - 2 tsp ground coriander
- First make the dip by mixing together the yogurt and mint with a little seasoning, then chill until ready to serve.
- Tip the lamb mince into a big bowl with the spices, chilli, herbs, Worcestershire sauce and egg. Season, then get your hands in and mix well. Divide the mixture into 16. Shape into burgers, pushing a cube of cheese into the centre of each and sealing in. Chill until just before your guests arrive.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6 and heat the oil in a frying pan. Fry the burgers for 1-2 mins until brown on each side, then transfer to a baking tray. Put in the oven for 5-10 mins until cooked through and piping hot. Pile onto a big plate and serve with the dip on the side.