- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 2 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 711
- Carbohydrate Content: 72g
- Fat Content: 28g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 36g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 2.1g
- Sugar Content: 10g
Lamb shoulder & smoky aubergine flatbread Recipe
Lamb shoulder & smoky aubergine flatbread is a Bread recipe for 2 people, takes only 25 mins; recipe has dried yeast, '00' flour and strong bread flour.
- Garlic Clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- Smoked Paprika - pinch of smoked paprika
- Red Onion - 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- Tomato - 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Parsley - 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- Tahini - 1 tsp tahini
- Aubergine - 1 aubergine
- Ground Cumin - pinch of ground cumin
- Tomato Puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Lamb - 150g leftover lamb, shredded or chopped
- Pine Nut - 1 tbsp pine nuts
- Pomegranate Molasses - 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses (optional)
- '00' Flour - 200g '00' flour
- Strong Bread Flour - 200g strong bread flour
- Dried Yeast - 7g fast-action dried yeast
- To make the flatbread, put the yeast and 250ml warm water in a jug and mix well. Leave to sit for a few mins.
- Sift the flours into a bowl with 2 tsp salt, then slowly incorporate the yeast mix, stirring with a wooden spoon. Stir in the oil and turn the dough out onto a clean surface. Knead for 5 mins until you have a smooth, springy dough. Return to the bowl, cover with cling film and leave for 30 mins to puff up
- Char the aubergine over a gas flame or under a hot grill until smoky and collapsing - it should be soft enough to pull apart with a fork. Set aside to cool.
- Tip the dough out and knead for a few mins more, then divide it into four and roll each piece into a smooth ball. Wrap three in cling film and freeze for later use.
- Heat oven to 240C/220C fan/ gas 8. Flatten the ball of dough with the palm of your hand and roll out into a wide, flat base 25-30cm long. Place on an oiled baking sheet and leave to rise a little while you make the topping.
- Scoop the soft smoky flesh from the charred aubergine into a bowl and combine with all the other topping ingredients apart from the pine nuts. Spread the topping over the flatbread, then scatter over the pine nuts. Bake for 10-12 mins until the bread is puffed and golden, and the topping is piping hot.
- Mix the tahini with 1 tbsp water to form a smooth dressing. Drizzle over the flatbread, cut into pieces and share.