- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Serving: 10 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 646
- Carbohydrate Content: 49g
- Fat Content: 32g
- Fiber Content: 0g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Sodium Content: 0.82g
- Sugar Content: 33g
Lamb tagine with dates & sweet potatoes Recipe
Lamb tagine with dates & sweet potatoes is a Eat like an athlete recipe for 10 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and root ginger.
- Coriander - good handful coriander, roughly chopped
- Olive Oil - 6 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 4 onions, thinly sliced
- Paprika - 2 tsp each paprika and ground coriander
- Ground Cumin - 4 tsp ground cumin
- Passata - 850ml passata
- Sweet Potato - 700g sweet potato, cut into chunks
- Root Ginger - 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh root ginger
- Lamb - 2kg boneless lamb shoulder, cut into 5cm chunks
- Blanched Almond - 100g blanched almond, toasted
- Date - 350g pitted date
- Cinnamon Stick - 2 cinnamon sticks
- Heat the oil in a large, deep pan. Add the onions, then gently fry until softened, about 5 mins. Stir in the ginger, add the meat in batches, then fry on all sides until lightly coloured. Return all the meat to the pan, stir in the spices and cinnamon sticks, then cook for 1 min.
- Add the passata and 800ml water, then bring to the boil, stirring. Season well, then cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hrs, until the lamb is tender.
- Add the sweet potatoes, stir well, cover again, then cook for 20 mins or until the potatoes are just tender. Stir in the dates and heat through for 5 mins. Taste and add more seasoning if necessary. To serve, spoon the tagine into a serving dish and scatter with the almonds and coriander.