- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 334
- Carbohydrate Content: 6g
- Fat Content: 22g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.4g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Lamb tagliata with watercress & tomatoes Recipe
Holiday-at-home recipe for 4 people, takes only 5 mins; recipe has rosemary, extra-virgin olive oil, lamb, baby plum tomato, redcurrant jelly, balsamic vinegar, caper, watercress, feta cheese and crusty bread.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Feta Cheese - 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- Balsamic Vinegar - 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Watercress - 100g bag British watercress, thick stems removed
- Baby Plum Tomato - 250g British baby plum tomato
- Rosemary - handful fresh rosemary, needles chopped
- Lamb - 4 thick British boneless lamb leg steaks or steaks cut from lamb rumps (about 450g/1lb in total)
- Caper - 2 tbsp caper, drained and rinsed
- Crusty Bread - good crusty bread, to serve
- Redcurrant Jelly - 1 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- Rub the rosemary and 1 tbsp of the oil over the lamb, and leave to marinate for 30 mins at room temperature.
- Heat a frying pan until very hot. Wipe most of the rosemary from the lamb, then season the steaks with plenty of flaky salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the steaks and the tomatoes to the pan. Sear the meat for 2 mins on one side until golden, then turn and cook for 2 mins more. This will give pink lamb. Transfer the meat and tomatoes to a plate and leave to rest.
- Take the pan from the heat. Spoon in the redcurrant jelly, pour in the vinegar and remaining oil, then whisk to make a warm dressing. Add the capers, plus any juices from the lamb plate.
- Slice the lamb thickly on an angle. Spread over a large platter with the watercress and tomatoes, then finish with a crumbling of cheese. Spoon over the warm dressing and enjoy straight away with crusty bread.