- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate Content: 7g
- Fat Content: 23g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 28g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 2.35g
- Sugar Content: 6g
Lemon, broccoli & sesame roast chicken Recipe
Lemon, broccoli & sesame roast chicken is a Winter roasts recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has chicken leg, lemon and broccoli.
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Lemon - 2 lemons, juice of 1, the other cut into 8 chunks
- Sesame Oil - 1 tsp sesame oil
- Broccoli - 200g thin-stemmed broccoli
- Ginger - thumb-sized piece ginger, finely shredded
- Chicken Leg - 4 chicken leg portions, cut into thighs and drumsticks
- Sesame Seed - 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Clear Honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- Light Soy Sauce - 3 tbsp light soy sauce
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the chicken and lemon chunks in a large roasting tin, season with pepper, then roast for 30 mins until the chicken is turning golden.
- After 25 mins, bring a little water to the boil in a frying pan, add the broccoli, cover and steam for 3 mins until bright green and almost tender, then drain.
- Tuck the broccoli around the chicken, scatter the garlic and ginger over and around the meat, then splash over the lemon juice, soy and honey. Sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Roast for another 15 mins until the chicken is golden and tender, and juices look sticky. Drizzle with sesame oil, then serve the chicken, broccoli and juices with rice.