- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 290
- Fat Content: 7g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Carbohydrate Content: 14g
- Sugar Content: 3g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 42g
- Sodium Content: 1.03g
Lemon-spiced chicken with chickpeas
- sunflower-oil - 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- onion - 1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
- chicken-breast - 4 skinless chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- cinnamon-stick - 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- ground-coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- cumin - 1 tsp ground cumin
- lemon - zest and juice 1 lemon
- chickpea - 400g can chickpea, drained
- chicken-stock - 200ml chicken stock
- spinach - 250g bag spinach
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, then fry the onion gently for 5 mins. Turn up the heat and add the chicken, frying for about 3 mins until golden.
- Stir in the spices and lemon zest, fry for 1 more min, then tip in the chickpeas and stock. Put the lid on and simmer for 5 mins.
- Season to taste, then tip in spinach and re-cover. Leave to wilt for 2 mins, then stir through. Squeeze over the lemon juice just before serving.
Healthy one-pot recipe for 4 people, takes only 15 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, onion, chicken breast, cinnamon stick, ground coriander, cumin, lemon, chickpea, chicken stock and spinach.