- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 598
- Carbohydrate Content: 82g
- Fat Content: 16g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 5g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Lentil kofta with orzo & feta Recipe
Lentil kofta with orzo & feta is a Healthy pasta recipe for 4 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has green lentil, egg and oat.
- Garlic Clove - 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Egg - 1 medium egg
- Sugar - pinch of sugar
- Orzo - 300g orzo pasta
- Parsley - small bunch parsley, chopped
- Lemon - zest 1 lemon
- Feta - 100g feta, crumbled
- Rapeseed Oil - 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Ras El Hanout - 1 tbsp ras el hanout
- Oat - 100g oat
- Green Lentil - 2 x 400g cans cooked green lentils, drained
- Put the lentils, egg, oats, ras el hanout, half the parsley and the lemon zest in a food processer. Add some seasoning and blitz until finely chopped. Remove the blade, shape the mixture into balls the size of cherry tomatoes, then chill for 20 mins. Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a pan. Add the garlic, sizzle for 30 secs, then add the tomatoes, sugar and some seasoning. Bubble the sauce for 20-25 mins until rich and thickened. While the sauce cooks, line a baking tray with foil and arrange the kofta on top. Drizzle over the remaining oil, and bake for 20 mins, rolling around in the tray halfway through cooking. Once cooked, add the kofta to the tomato sauce, gently coating each one.
- Cook the orzo following pack instructions, then drain and divide between 4 plates. Top with the sauce and kofta, crumble over the feta and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.