- Prep Time: 35 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 376
- Fat Content: 9g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2g
- Carbohydrate Content: 56g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 18g
- Sodium Content: 1.7g
Malmö meatball subs
- sunflower-oil - 1-2 tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
- white-wine-vinegar - 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- golden-caster-sugar - 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- cucumber - ⅓ cucumber, thinly sliced
- dill - 1 tbsp chopped dill (optional)
- roll - 4 sub rolls, halved, or 1 long, thin baguette, cut into 5cm chunks
- cranberry - jar cranberry sauce
- pork-mince - 300g pack pork mince
- breadcrumb - 50g breadcrumb
- caraway - 1 tsp caraway or fennel seeds
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- wholegrain-mustard - 3 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- clear-honey - 1 tbsp clear honey
- nutmeg - good grating nutmeg
- Mix all the meatball ingredients together with plenty of seasoning, then shape into walnut-sized balls. Freeze for 30 mins to firm up if the party is about to start, or chill in the fridge for up to 24 hrs.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Roll the meatballs in the oil in a baking tray, then roast for 20 mins until browned and cooked through.
- When the meatballs are nearly ready, mix the vinegar and sugar in a mixing bowl to dissolve, then stir in the cucumber and dill, if using.
- Split the baguette chunks, rolls or subs and spread with a little cranberry sauce. Add some cucumber and 2-3 meatballs, arrange on a platter and serve.
Meatballs recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has sunflower oil, white wine vinegar, golden caster sugar, cucumber, dill, roll, cranberry, pork mince, breadcrumb, caraway, egg, wholegrain mustard, clear honey and nutmeg.