- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 372
- Carbohydrate Content: 16g
- Fat Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 46g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3g
- Sodium Content: 1.1g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Mediterranean fish gratins Recipe
Mediterranean fish gratins is a Low-calorie dinner recipe for 6 people, takes only 55 mins; recipe has olive oil, onion and fennel bulb.
- Flat Leaf Parsley - 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped
- Garlic Clove - 3 large garlic cloves, finely sliced
- Parmesan - 75g finely grated parmesan
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp olive oil
- Onion - 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes with herbs
- Bay Leaf - 1 bay leaf
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Tomato Puree - 2 tbsp tomato puree
- King Prawn - 350g raw peeled king prawn
- Saffron - good pinch of saffron
- Fennel Bulb - 1 fennel bulb (about 250g/9oz), trimmed and thinly sliced
- Coriander Seed - 1 heaped tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- White Wine - 150ml white wine
- Fish - 900g mixed skinless fish fillets, (anything you like) cut into chunks
- Panko - 50g panko or coarse dried breadcrumbs
- Salad - green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large, wide non-stick saucepan or saute pan and gently fry the onion, fennel, garlic and coriander seeds for 15 mins, stirring regularly until the vegetables are softened and lightly coloured. Pour the wine into the pan and add the tomatoes, tomato puree, saffron and bay leaf. Season and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for about 15 mins, stirring occasionally, until thick.
- Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Stir the lemon juice and most of the parsley into the tomato mixture, pop the raw fish pieces and prawns on top and stir well. Cover tightly with a lid and simmer gently over a medium heat for 4-5 mins or until the fish is almost cooked. Stir a couple of times as the fish cooks, taking care not to let it break up.
- Ladle the hot tomato and fish mixture into 6 individual pie dishes - they will each need to hold around 350ml. Mix the cheese, breadcrumbs, remaining parsley and a little ground black pepper together and sprinkle over the top. Bake on a baking tray for 20 mins or until the pies are golden brown and bubbling. Serve with green salad, if you like.