- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 460
- Fat Content: 22g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 44g
- Sugar Content: 11g
- Fiber Content: 6g
- Protein Content: 24g
- Sodium Content: 1.99g
- aubergine - 3 aubergines, sliced lengthways
- olive-oil - 2 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- passata - 680ml jar passata
- oregano - 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
- sugar - 1 tsp sugar
- red-wine-vinegar - 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- basil-leaf - small bunch basil leaves, torn
- parmesan - 100g parmesan, or vegetarian alternative, grated
- mozzarella - 125g ball mozzarella, torn
- lasagne - 200g fresh lasagne sheets
- breadcrumb - 5 tbsp breadcrumb
- Heat grill to high. Arrange the aubergine slices on a baking sheet, brush with oil and season well. Grill for 2-3 mins each side until golden brown, set aside.
- Heat oil in a saucepan. Fry the garlic for 1 min then pour in the passata. Simmer for 10 mins with the oregano, sugar and vinegar, then season and stir in the basil.
- Assemble the lasagne in a roughly A4-sized baking dish. Spread a few tbsp of the tomato sauce over the base of the dish, followed by a layer of aubergine. Scatter over some Parmesan and mozzarella, then cover with a layer of lasagne. Repeat, finishing with a topping of Parmesan and mozzarella, and sprinkle on the breadcrumbs.
- Allow to cool at this point for freezing, or heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6 and cook the lasagne for 25-30 mins until golden and bubbling.
Veggie pasta bake recipe for 4 people, takes only 50 mins; recipe has aubergine, olive oil, garlic clove, passata, oregano, sugar, red wine vinegar, basil leaf, parmesan, mozzarella, lasagne and breadcrumb.