- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Serving: 6 - 8 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 251
- Carbohydrate Content: 23g
- Fat Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 11g
- Protein Content: 21g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1g
- Sodium Content: 1.2g
- Sugar Content: 8g
Mexican pulled chicken & beans Recipe
Healthy takeaway recipe for 6 - 8 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has chicken thigh, chipotle paste, garlic clove, chopped tomato, onion, black beans, kidney bean, parsley, iceberg lettuce, cucumber, olive oil, tortilla chip and lime.
- Kidney Bean - 400g cans kidney beans, drained
- Garlic Clove - 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- Olive Oil - drizzle of olive oil
- Onion - 1 large onion, finely sliced
- Chopped Tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- Parsley - handful parsley, coriander or mint, roughly chopped
- Lime - lime wedges, to serve
- Cucumber - 1/2 cucumber, diced
- Tortilla Chip - large bag of tortilla chips, to serve
- Black Beans - 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained
- Iceberg Lettuce - small iceberg lettuce, shredded
- Chipotle Paste - 3 tbsp chipotle paste
- Chicken Thigh - 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Rub the chicken thighs with 2 tbsp of the chipotle paste. Put the rest in a medium bowl with the garlic, tomatoes, onion and some seasoning. Stir to combine, then tip into a large roasting tin. Sit the chicken thighs close together on top of the sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hr.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven, add all the beans and stir into the tomato mixture around the chicken. Put back in the oven, uncovered, for 20 mins or until the chicken is tender and the beans are hot.
- Meanwhile, mix the herbs, lettuce and cucumber with a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- Shred the chicken using a knife and fork, and discard the bones. Mix the chicken through the sauce and beans. Serve with the salad, tortilla chips and lime wedges.