- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Serving: 4 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 675
- Carbohydrate Content: 73g
- Fat Content: 24g
- Fiber Content: 13g
- Protein Content: 51g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8g
- Sodium Content: 1.3g
- Sugar Content: 9g
Mild chilli & bean pasta bake Recipe
Mild chilli & bean pasta bake is a Healthy mince recipe for 4 people, takes only 45 mins; recipe has onion, celery and minced beef.
- Kidney Bean - 400g can kidney bean in water, drained and rinsed
- Yogurt - 1/2 x 568g tub 0% fat Greek yogurt
- Penne - 300g wholewheat penne
- Garlic Clove - 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Onion - 1 large onion, chopped
- Tomato - 410g can chopped tomatoes
- Egg - 2 eggs, beaten
- Tomato Puree - 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Chilli - 2 tsp mild chilli powder
- Chicken Stock - 300ml beef or chicken stock
- Celery - 2 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- Minced Beef - 340g extra-lean minced beef
- Red Leicester - 50g Red Leicester cheese, coarsely grated
- Heat a splash of oil in a frying pan, add the onion and celery, season with pepper and a little salt, then cook until soft. Remove vegetables and set aside. Brown the mince in the pan, a handful at a time, tossing with a fork as you go. Only add a splash of oil if the mixture begins to stick too much. Once browned, tip into a sieve to remove any excess fat.
- Return mince and cooked veg to the frying pan, add the chilli powder, tomatoes, tomato puree, beans and stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 mins.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Cook the pasta according to pack instructions. Drain, stir into the mince and spoon into a large lasagne dish. Mix the yogurt, eggs, cheese and garlic together and season lightly. Spoon over the top of the pasta and bake for 20-25 mins or until lightly browned.