- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Serving: 4 - 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 373
- Fat Content: 26g
- Saturated Fat Content: 10g
- Carbohydrate Content: 29g
- Sugar Content: 2g
- Fiber Content: 3g
- Protein Content: 7g
- Sodium Content: 0.7g
Mini creamy mushroom pies
- butter - 25g butter, plus extra for greasing
- olive-oil - 1 tsp olive oil
- onion - 1 small onion, finely sliced
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, crushed
- mushroom - 350g mixed mushroom, sliced
- parsley - small handful parsley, finely chopped
- single-cream - 100ml single cream
- shortcrust-pastry - 375g pack ready-rolled shortcrust pastry
- plain-flour - a little plain flour, for dusting
- egg - 1 egg, beaten
- caraway-seed - 1 tsp caraway seed
- Heat the butter and oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and fry until soft. Stir in the garlic and mushrooms, season and cook for 5 mins until the mushrooms are soft. Stir in the parsley and cream. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Grease a 6-hole muffin tin with butter, then line each hole with a long thin strip of baking parchment. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and stamp out 6 x 10 cm circles. Press a circle into each hole to line. Roll out the remaining pastry (you may need to re-roll trimmings) and stamp out 6 x 8cm circles.
- Divide the mushroom mix between the pies. Brush the pastry edges with a little egg, top each with a pastry lid and carefully press the pastry edges together to seal.
- Brush with the remaining egg and sprinkle with caraway seeds. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden. Allow to cool in the tin slightly before serving, or cool on a wire rack and keep in airtight containers for up to 1 day. Reheat before serving.
Eurovision party recipe for 4 – 8 people, takes only 40 mins; recipe has butter, olive oil, onion, garlic clove, mushroom, parsley, single cream, shortcrust pastry, plain flour, egg and caraway seed.