- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 6
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 579
- Fat Content: 29g
- Saturated Fat Content: 13g
- Carbohydrate Content: 24g
- Sugar Content: 4g
- Fiber Content: 4g
- Protein Content: 55g
- Sodium Content: 0.4g
Mint chutney, barbecued lamb & potato salad
- leg-of-lamb - 1 small leg of lamb, about 1 1/2 kg, butterflied (ask your butcher to do this for you)
- mint - 1 large pack mint (about 100g), leaves picked
- coriander - 1 small pack coriander
- garlic-clove - 3 garlic cloves
- ginger - 1 finger-sized piece of ginger
- green-chilli - 2 green chillies, deseeded if you like
- cumin-seeds - 2 tsp cumin seeds, toasted
- lemon - 1 lemon, juiced
- new-potato - 800g new potatoes, halved
- peas - 100g peas, frozen or fresh and podded
- spring-onions - 2 spring onions, sliced
- greek-yogurt - 200g Greek yogurt
- First, make the chutney. Put all the ingredients with a good pinch of salt and a small splash of water in a minichopper or food processor and blitz to a chunky paste. Will keep in the fridge for two days.
- Use one-third of the chutney to marinate the lamb for at least a couple of hours, or up to 24 hrs before. To make the potato salad, boil the potatoes until just cooked, around 12-15 mins. When they've got about a minute left, add the peas. Drain and leave to cool. Toss the spring onions through the potatoes and peas, then dress with one-third of the chutney and the yogurt. Can be made a day ahead and chilled in the fridge. Take out 1 hr before serving.
- To cook the lamb, heat the barbecue until the coals are ashen. Grill the lamb, flesh-side down, for about 25 mins, then flip it over and cook on the fat side for about 15 mins until charred and sizzling. When the lamb is cooked to your liking, leave it to rest on a warm platter to catch the juices. To serve, carve the lamb into thick slices, again catching the juices. In a bowl, mix the cooking juices with the remaining chutney, and serve alongside the lamb.
Sharing recipe for 6 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has leg of lamb, mint, coriander, garlic clove, ginger, green chilli, cumin seeds, lemon, new potato, peas, spring onions and greek yogurt.