- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Serving: 6 Persons
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 807
- Carbohydrate Content: 73g
- Fat Content: 54g
- Fiber Content: 1g
- Protein Content: 11g
- Saturated Fat Content: 31g
- Sodium Content: 0.63g
- Sugar Content: 51g
Moreish mocha profiteroles Recipe
Moreish mocha profiteroles is a Wedding cake recipe for 6 people, takes only 30 mins; recipe has plain flour, unsalted butter and egg.
- Dark Chocolate - 100g dark chocolate, in pieces
- Egg - 3 eggs, beaten
- Milk - 600ml milk
- Butter - 50g butter
- Plain Flour - 100g plain flour
- Unsalted Butter - 85g unsalted butter
- Golden Caster Sugar - 6 tbsp golden caster sugar
- Double Cream - 284ml double cream
- Icing Sugar - 100g icing sugar
- Coffee - 2 tbsp coffee essence (dissolve 2 tbsp instant coffee granules in 2 tbsp hot water - we used Nescafe Partners' Blend)
- Custard - 4 tbsp Bird's custard powder
- Kahlua - 1-2 tbsp coffee liqueur such as Kahlua
- Sift the flour into a bowl and stir in a pinch of salt. Put butter and 200ml cold water into a pan, bring to a rolling boil, then take off the heat. Tip in the flour and salt and stir to form a smooth paste. Now beat the mixture until it starts to come away from the sides of the pan, then tip onto a plate and leave to cool.
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Return paste to the pan, then gradually beat in the eggs, mixing well. Spoon walnut-sized balls onto a baking sheet, then bake for 20-25 mins until golden. Remove from oven, poke the underneath with a teaspoon, turn upside-down, then bake for 5 mins to dry out. Cool on a wire rack before filling.
- For the filling, mix the custard powder and sugar with a splash of milk until you have a smooth paste. Heat the remaining milk, then stir into the paste. Pour the mixture into a pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Cook for 5 mins until you have a thick custard. Stir in coffee, then leave to cool. Softly whip the cream, sift in the icing sugar and mix, then fold into the custard. Pipe the cream into each choux bun.
- For the sauce, melt chocolate and butter with the coffee in a bowl in the microwave on Medium for 1-2 mins. Pour in the liqueur, mix well, then pour over the filled buns.