- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 316
- Fat Content: 20g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9g
- Carbohydrate Content: 8g
- Sugar Content: 6g
- Fiber Content: 2g
- Protein Content: 27g
- Sodium Content: 0.5g
Moroccan kofte with spicy tomato sauce
- minced-lamb - 500g pack minced lamb
- red-onion - 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- ground-coriander - 1 tsp ground coriander
- mint - 1 tbsp chopped mint
- olive-oil - 1 tbsp olive oil
- garlic-clove - 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- chopped-tomato - 2 x 400g cans chopped tomato
- harissa - 1-2 tsp harissa
- sugar - 1 tsp sugar
- greek-yogurt - 200g tub Greek yogurt
- pine-nut - 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- Soak eight wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes, to stop them burning.
- Using your hands, mix the meat in a bowl with the onion, coriander, mint and plenty of seasoning. Shape into 8 sausages, about 10cm long, then thread a bamboo skewer through the centre of each.
- To make the sauce, heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and briefly fry. Add tomatoes, harissa, sugar and seasoning. Simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 mins until sauce has thickened.
- Grill the kofte for 6-8 mins, turning until they are nicely browned (be careful not to burn the skewers). Spoon the sauce over a warm platter, drizzle over the yogurt and put the kofte on top. Scatter with pine nuts and serve with pittas or couscous (recipe, below).
Sharing recipe for 4 people, takes only 20 mins; recipe has minced lamb, red onion, ground coriander, mint, olive oil, garlic clove, chopped tomato, harissa, sugar, greek yogurt and pine nut.